Thursday, March 10, 2011

Things That I Hear People Say When They Are Tuning My Violin

1) "Oh dear! I did NOT mean to do that!"
(a string was broken)

2) "Whoops! I had it all wrong! It supposed to be and middle A not a treble E!"
(I keep an eye on her)

3) "How come you always have to be flat?!?"
(I wasn't sure how to respond to that one)

4) "Yeah, sometimes that happens. All you have to do is push in really hard right here and twist."
(I watched in terror as he demonstrated just how to do it)

5) "That's close enough."
(What does that mean? Is it tuned or not?)

6) "When it's too sharp you can just pull right here and it will flatten."
(Um... Okay.)

7) "Well when you're playin' bluegrass you don't really have to tune."
(That was the day I realized that I was going to have to loosen up a little when playin' bluegrass.)


1 comment:

Shiloh Strang said...

Very funny, Erin!
Before I got my new violin, everyone would tell me how hard it was to tune... (my teacher told me how bad the violin itself sounded... but I already knew that!)

~Bethany