Monday, January 10, 2011

The After Christmas Letdown...

For most people the "After Christmas Letdown" comes...well...after Christmas when the presents are all unwrapped and the parties are all over and the turkey is eaten and the last of the friends and relatives have driven away.
Not me.
I got the
"After Christmas Letdown" right as the last notes of Joy To The World faded away at the end of our churches Lessons&Carols service.
I would have cried but I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself right in front of the whole church+ a few guests. And the entire orchestra was sitting right there, with me in the second row and Hannah, and Madison and Mrs. Joyce and the violin professor and his wife who is the viola professor and all of other musicians right there And for them,this was just another gig. But for me it was more than just another gig. For me this is the event of the year! I look forward to it more than I look forward to birthdays or Christmas or...or...
ANYTHING!!!

I LOVE Lessons&Carols!!! I'm crazy about it!!! For 364 days out of the year I walk around the house saying: "I love Lessons&Carols."
But on the 365th day I walk around the house saying" I LOVE LESS
ONS&CAROLS!!!"
Just ask my family.

I will post photos of the event after the photographer uploads them to the web(which will probably be sometime around May).

No comments: