Friday, January 21, 2011

#8 A Thank You Note To Someone Who Has Changed Your Life

To my first violin teacher Bria C.

Dear Bria,

Thank you for teaching me violin.
Thank you for calling us that day to tell us that you would be willing to teach us.

Thank you for teaching me that
'You are rarely too young and never too old to "Twinkle"".

You taught me how to "look like you know what you're doing."
If it weren't for you I would still be staring at my church orchestra wishing I was a part and wondering how on earth musicians do what they do!

You taught me to be picky.
It's what musicians do and I don't know why because none of their friends like it but that's the way we are.
If it weren't for you I would still think that Classical Music was boring(yes, I used to think that)!

You taught me that, no, the pegs are not just there for decoration.
If it weren't for you I would still be out of tune!!!

And you taught me that sticking tape on your fingerboard may not look cool but it gets you to where you need to be.
If it weren't for you I would still be looking for that F sharp.


Thank you for all that you have done to teach me about the violin.
I will never forget it.

In Christ,
Erin P.


1 comment:

Bria Cosper said...

Erin I am crying!
That was so unbelievably sweet! In reality I felt like I hardly taught you anything. But God helped me be understood.

Thank you Erin. You were a dear student, and you are a wonderful friend.